The Oregon TRIO Association is a 501(c)3 organization that advocates on behalf of low-income and first-generation college students in the state of Oregon. Our mission is to increase the number of low income and underrepresented students in higher education.
The Oregon TRIO Association is a member of the Northwest Association of Educational Opportunity Programs (NAEOP), which represents Region X TRIO programs in Alaska, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
TRIO programs emerged from the Civil Rights Voting Act of 1964, and have since been established by the continual reauthorization of the Higher Education Act, first enacted into law in 1967. TRIO programs include Educational Talent Search, Upward Bound, Upward Bound Math-Science, Veteran’s Upward Bound, Educational Opportunity Centers, Student Support Services, the Ronald McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program, and TRIO Training Grants.
TRIO programs assist students with career exploration, college admissions, college preparation, financial aid, scholarships, and college retention and graduation.
Board of Directors
- President – Michelle Benoit – Southwestern Oregon Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- President Elect – Christine Riehl, Clatsop Community College – email@example.com
- Past President – Roseann Rivera – Mt. Hood Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary – Becky Attaway – Umpqua Community College – email@example.com
- Treasurer – Matt Bisek – Clatsop Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 1 – Meredith Payton – Clatsop Community College – email@example.com
- District 2 – Janet Basney – Rogue Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 3 – Dr. General Johnson – Portland Community College – Cascade – email@example.com
- District 4 – Emily Price – Southwestern Oregon Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 5 – Ariel Zimmer Suel – Western Oregon University – email@example.com
- Alumni Relations Partner – Chris Mahan – Southern Oregon University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government Relations – Freddy Gompf – Umpqua Community College – email@example.com
- Parliamentarian – Vacant