The Oregon TRIO Association is a 501c3 organization that advocates on behalf of low-income and first-generation college students in the state of Oregon. Our mission is to increase the number of low-income and underrepresented students in higher education.
The Oregon TRIO Association is a member of the Northwest Association of Educational Opportunity Programs (NAEOP), which represents Region X TRIO programs in Alaska, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
TRIO programs emerged from the Civil Rights Voting Act of 1964, and have since been established by the continual reauthorization of the Higher Education Act, first enacted into law in 1967. TRIO programs include Educational Talent Search, Upward Bound, Upward Bound Math-Science, Veteran’s Upward Bound, Educational Opportunity Centers, Student Support Services, the Ronald McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program, and TRIO Training Grants.
TRIO programs assist students with career exploration, college admissions, college preparation, financial aid, scholarships, and college retention and graduation.
Matt Bisek – email@example.com Phone: (971) 988-9506
Board of Directors
- President – Christine Riehl, Clatsop Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- President-Elect – Chris Mahan – Southern Oregon University – email@example.com
- Secretary – Becky Attaway – Umpqua Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer – Linda Liu – Portland State University – email@example.com
- District 1 – Troy Henri – Clatsop Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 2 – Zach Jones – Oregon Tech – email@example.com
- District 3 – Summer Baber – Mt. Hood Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- District 4 – Reed Davis – Oregon State University – email@example.com
- District 5 – Hayley Gibbs – Chemeketa Community College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology Specialist – Naomi Mitchell – Southern Oregon University – email@example.com
- OTA Fellow – Jean Chen – Oregon State University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Government Relations – RoGeof Garner – Multnomah Educational School District – email@example.com