Oregon TRIO Last Mile award
The Oregon TRIO Association’s Last Mile Award is designed to provide financial assistance to post-secondary students who are at risk of having to drop out in their last year before graduation. Amounts awarded will be at the discretion of the Oregon TRIO Association and will be based on the circumstances and needs of the applicant. Awards amount can be as high as $6,000 in unmet need.
Awarded funds will be sent to your institution’s financial aid office for disbursement.
Who Can Apply
- OTA is considering all post-secondary students, regardless of GPA, for this opportunity who are currently enrolled in a TRIO program.
- Students must be within 45 credits of completing their degree.
- Students who have previously been awarded the Last Mile Scholarship are not eligible.
- Demonstrate financial need or the exhaustion of federal financial aid.
- The student will need to submit the current status of Pell Grant & Student Loan eligibility. Instructions to view this information can be found here: Financial Aid Instructions
- Submit an education plan
- Submit the TRIO Checklist (Last-Mile-TRIO-Checklist-Summer) demonstrating support from your TRIO program. This form will be completed by your TRIO advisor.
- Complete three essay statements (300-700 words each)
- What impact has TRIO made in your educational journey up to this point?
- What are the financial challenges you are facing to complete your degree, please reference your educational plan as a reference?
- What life obstacles/challenges impacted your academic journey?
Deadline is Thursday, May 5th, 2022
*Note* All applications are reviewed and scored by the OTA Award Committee. Interested in participating in this process? Please email Matt Bisek at email@example.com.